Someone’s been experimenting in the kitchen again! And I am pleased to say that my experiment was a complete success! I made cupcakes with a gingerbread twist and my candycane frosting complements all flavours like you wouldn’t believe! *mouth dribbles.*
Okay so the frosting is just vanilla and peppermint but it is so yummy! Want to know how to make these little gems of deliciousness?! Then keep on reading…
What you’ll need…
- 1 cup of self raising flour
- 1 cup of butter
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of golden syrup
- 2 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- 3 eggs
And of course your cake tin, cake cases and mixing equipment.
- Combine the butter and egg until it is one colour, then add your flour and eggs.
- Once you have reached a smooth batter consistency then add your cinnamon, ginger and golden syrup, until it is well mixed through.
- Divide mixture into 12 and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Once cooked, place to one side and leave cool. Once cooled you can then frost!
What you’ll need?!!…
- 2 cups of icing sugar
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 cup of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract.
- Red food colouring.
- Two bowls.
- combine the icing sugar, butter, vanilla, peppermint and milk until a thick and creamy texture forms. Aim for a mousse consistency.
- Separate mixture into 2 bowls.
- Add red food colouring to one bowl. If mixture thins add more icing.
- Add mixture to piping bag and pipe frosting onto cakes. Alternatively add mixture to cakes by spreading on cakes with spoon!
And there we have it, yummy Christmas inspired cupcakes! My icing skills are not perfect but they taste fab so who cares! 🙈🙊
What’s your favourite cupcake flavours? If you decide to give these a little test out, be sure to send me pictures! 😍
Also as of yesterday I am new to twitter so please pop over there and check my page out by going Here
Many thanks for reading. If your not already doing so, please remember to follow!
Lots of christmasy love,